Sunday, 15 April 2012

Divided By The Slit - Gabrielle Boland


Miranda Kerrhttp://www.celebuzz.com/photos/trend-spotting-the-slit-dress/miranda-kerr-unveils-victorias-secrets-2011-fantasy-treasure-bra/full-size/


Slits to the ceiling, running from the tippy toe along the calf, breach the thigh (gasp!) and run away with your imagination! I just made splits in dresses like a fairytale – with a climax and all. Truthfully I feel these are not fairy-tale dresses in the least, imagine Cinderella flaunting one at a ball. Ah the time was different, we have fast forwarded time, fashions and what is acceptable. Though I don’t see dear Kate, our Duchess of Cambridge giving us glimpses above her knee, nor has Princess Mary our Australian born princess ever exposed such skin.

Honestly I don’t get it, do we wield the feminist label all that high and mighty, or just use it as a sticker to rip off and on when we so desire. YES! We are not to be the sexual objects by men and also YES! We will suggestively let their imaginations run wild (then act shocked with horror) when they do! The split is re-emerging as a tip-top trend. Just flick through your favourite ‘red carpet best dressed’ online albums and bare legs can be a re-invented game of ‘Where’s Wally?”. I will at least come clean as a self-professed addict to such snaps and make step one, admitting I have the problem.

Why is this splitting case? My psychological analysis and research of females (with no scientific evidence or backing) has found the following reasons are driving women to do whatever it takes, one reportedly grabbed an old formal frock in two fists and ripped until her pelvic bones were reached. This was when she had the realisation that things had really gone too far.

Anyhow:

1. This is true and perfectly smart, clever and treasured knowledge among the feminine population. Verticals make us taller! Hence you’ll find, a lengthy split (the lengthier the longer) will extend the perceived legs. Note well: dangerous side effects are the appearance of a shorter torso.

2. Women with good legs are using them to their advantage. I can’t say I blame them. Just don’t act shocked when your tactics of drawing attention actually work. Either spawning jealousy or sexual harassment.  

3. It’s in fashion! Fashion looks good, I want to look good…I’ll wear what’s in fashion! Oh my heart goes out to the victims of this industry which I adore. Hunny bun, stay strong and always know in your heart that you must only wear YOUR fashion. People are what make things fashionable and fashion is created when things look good on. If it doesn’t suit, it will not look good. Wear what makes you shine your best and forget the rest.

I'm not anti-split, but it’s a cunning movement forming quite a cult. Just assess the situation – you and why you’re wearing it – before it’s caught in a snippity-snap forever more. 
Amber Heard 
http://www.celebuzz.com/2011-11-08/trend-spotting-the-slit-dress/amber-heard-at-rum-diary-premiere-7-2/


No comments:

Post a Comment